Heywoods are at hand to help you with the legal process when buying or selling a property.
Conveyancing is the legal process used to register land when buying or selling a property, including residential and buy-to-let properties.
Keep your move under one roof by using our friendly and approachable conveyancing service; our aim is to ensure that the necessary steps are carried out quickly, thoroughly and effectively.
If you’d like more information, call one of our Home Moving Consultants on 01782 617343.
Our promise to you:
- You will have a dedicated conveyancer who you can contact by phone or email.
- There are no hidden costs – we will help you stick to your budget by giving you an itemised breakdown of fees and charges, including VAT, up front.
- No move, no legal fee – if your move doesn't go ahead, you won't pay any legal fees (unless you decide not to proceed).
- We will provide clear, independent, professional and sensible advice, in plain English. And we will explain any small print.
- Buying and selling comes with the inevitable paperwork but we try to keep this as simple as possible so it's a good idea to be prepared. A buyer will be asked to verify their identity. We will ask for the following from a seller to pass on to a buyer:
- Details of fixtures and fittings that are included/excluded in the sale.
- The property title deeds - these may be held by your mortgage lender or the solicitor who dealt with the purchase of your property.
- Details of any relevant property disputes, such as with neighbours.
- Details of the property's exact boundaries, and who is responsible for the maintenance of hedges, fences and walls.
- Whether any changes to your property have required local planning consent or building regulations.
- Any rights of way through your property.
- Any rights of access to your property (for example, a shared drive).
- Any specific demands made in your deeds (for example, that your front door is to be painted a specific colour or whether you are allowed to keep pets).
- Copies of any guarantees or insurance policies in place on your property, for example an NHBC certificate, damp-proofing guarantees etc.
- Details of whether utilities access your property via a neighbour's property, for example drains, water, power.
- If your property is a leasehold, the name of the managing agent, the freeholder and a statement of account for the ground rent and services charges.
Keeping in touch
While we know good, personalised customer service goes a long way, we are also keen to make your life easier. We’ll communicate in the way that you prefer: you can track your move night and day with our online progress reports and we send text updates to your mobile phone at key stages, or we will stay in touch by email, telephone or post.
If you’d like to chat to a Home Moving Consultant call 01782 617343.
We sell many houses following the death of the owner. This can be a sad and stressful time for the family so we aim to make the process as easy as possible.
Probate is the process of dealing with someone’s money and property after they die. We are able to market a property during the process but the sale cannot be completed until you have received the Grant of Probate.
We are very happy to talk you through the process. Just call 01782 617343.
The Heywoods conveyancing team can advise you on all aspects of selling or transferring property following a family break-up and can deal with the legal side of this for you.
Just call 01782 617343 to speak to a Home Moving Consultant.
" Professional and service beyond the call of duty! Would recommend highly. "
Mrs Ford, Newcastle-under-Lyme